My Last Posting on Virusscience.org
Date: 07-06-02 15:08 Responding to Anonymous:
Anonymous: "First of all, not all homosexual men are heavy drug abusers."
I realise that!
Anonymous: "Duesberg's "lifestyle hypothesis" has been proven many times to be wrong."
Well, you are the authority so your word is good enough for me.
Anonymous: "Secondly, not all drug abusers get AIDS...
...only the HIV-infected ones do."
- The first five AIDS cases, diagnosed in 1981 before HIV was known (i.e. presence of HIV is speculative), were male homosexuals who had all consumed nitrite inhalants and presented with Pneumocystis pneumonia and cytomegalovirus infection (287).
- In 1985, and again in 1988, Haverkos analyzed the AIDS risks of 87 male homosexual AIDS patients with Kaposi's sarcoma , Kaposi's sarcoma plus pneumonia  and pneumonia only  (217, 288). All men had used several sexual stimulants, 98% had used nitrites. Those with Kaposi's sarcomas reported 2 times more sexual partners and 4.4 times more receptive anal intercourse than those with only pneumonia. The median number of sexual partners in the year prior to the illness was 120 for those with Kaposi's and 22 for those with pneumonia only. The Kaposi's cases reported 6-times more amylnitrite and ethylchloride use, 4-times more barbiturate use, and 2-times more methaqualone, lysergic acid and cocaine use than those with pneumonia only. Since no statistically significant differences were found for sexually transmitted diseases among the patients, the authors concluded that the drugs had caused Kaposi's sarcoma. Although the data for Haverkos' analysis had been collected before HIV was known, Haverkos' conclusion is valid. This is because the development of AIDS was drug dose dependent, and thus was either sufficient or at least necessary for AIDS. Indeed, HIV was found in only 31% (289), 43% (290, 291), 48% (292), 49% (293), 56% (276), and 67% (112) of cohorts of homosexuals at risk for AIDS in Amsterdam, Chicago-Washington DC-Los Angeles-Pittsburgh, Boston, San Francisco and Canada respectively, that developed the same AIDS diseases as described by Haverkos.
- A 4.5 year tracking study of 42 homosexual men with lymphadenopathy but not AIDS reported that 8 had developed AIDS within 2.5 years (214) and 12 within 4.5 years of observation (294). All of these men had used nitrite inhalants and other recreational drugs including amphetamines and cocaine, but they were not tested for HIV. The authors concluded that "a history of heavy or moderate use of nitrite inhalant before study entry was predictive of ultimate progression to AIDS" (214). Thus drug doses of 2.5 to 4.5 years were necessary for AIDS.
- Before HIV was known, three controlled studies compared 20 homosexual AIDS patients to 40 AIDS-free controls (215), 50 patients to 120 controls (111) and 31 patients to 29 controls (216) to determine AIDS risk factors. Each study reported that multiple "street drugs" were used as sexual stimulants. And each study concluded that the "lifetime use of nitrites" (111) were 94% to 100% (!) consistent risk factors for AIDS (216).
- A 27-58-fold higher consumption of nitrites by male homosexuals compared to heterosexuals and lesbians (79, 295) correlates with a 20-fold higher incidence of Kaposi's sarcoma (36, 296) and a higher incidence of all other AIDS diseases in male homosexuals compared to most other risk groups (Tables 3 and 4). Again, drug use proved to be necessary for AIDS.
- After the discovery of HIV, 5 out of 6 HIV-free male homosexuals from New York with Kaposi's sarcoma reported the use of nitrite inhalants (297). Soon after, another 6 cases of HIV-free Kaposi's sarcoma were reported in an HIV-free "high risk population" from New York (298). This indicates directly that HIV is not necessary and suggests that drugs are sufficient for AIDS.
- In 1992, two HIV-free, male homosexuals, erroneously treated with AZT because of a false positive HIV-antibody test, developed fatal AIDS including pneumonia and muscle atrophy. Their case was described in the Oakland Tribune and in the New York Native because of a malpractice suit against Kaiser Hospital and the manufacturer of AZT, but was not followed up by the media, suggestive of a settlement (299). One of us has testified in three legal cases against AZT therapy, and in each case settlements were reached that barred further publicity. In view of the inherent false-positive rate of HIV-antibody tests (48, 300, 301), many more such cases are likely to exist that have never been identified (see 7.4.)
- A rare, recent publication describes 4 HIV-free, male homosexual AIDS patients with Kaposi's sarcoma in the New England Journal of Medicine (285). This publication was published in the orthodox literature at the same time as a "new Kaposi's sarcoma virus" was considered by the AIDS establishment. This shows that the HIV orthodoxy can accept HIV-free AIDS cases, but only at the expense of substituting another AIDS virus in the place of HIV (302).
- An independent re-analysis of the database of male homosexual AIDS patients from San Francisco who had used nirtrite inhalants, amphetamines, cocaine, and other recreational drugs in addition to AZT originally described in 1993 (80, 303), identified 45 HIV-free patients with AIDS defining diseases that had been omitted from the original study (115).
- Among intravenous drug users in New York representing a "spectrum of HIV-related diseases," HIV was only observed in 22 out of 50 pneumonia deaths, 7 out of 22 endocarditis deaths, and 11 out of 16 tuberculosis deaths (86).
- Pneumonia was diagnosed in 6 out of 289 HIV-free and in 14 out of 144 HIV-positive intravenous drug users in New York (304).
- Among 54 prisoners with tuberculosis in New York state, 47 were street-drug users, but only 24 were infected with HIV (305).
- In a group of 21 long-term heroin addicts, the ratio of helper to suppresser T-cells declined during 13 years from a normal of 2 to less than 1, which is typical of AIDS (5, 306), but only 2 of the 21 were infected by HIV (244).
- Thrombocytopenia and immunodeficiency were diagnosed in 15 intravenous drug users on average 10 years after they became addicted, but 2 were not infected with HIV (243).
- The annual mortality of 108 HIV-free Swedish heroin addicts was similar to that of 39 HIV-positive addicts, i.e. 3-5%, over several years (307).
- A survey of over a thousand intravenous drug addicts from Germany reported that the percentage of HIV-positives among drug deaths (10%) was exactly the same as that of HIV-positives among living intravenous drug users (308). Another study from Berlin also reported that the percentage of HIV-positives among intravenous drug deaths was essentially the same as that among living intravenous drug users, i.e. 20-30% (309). This indicates that drugs are sufficient for and that HIV does not contribute to AIDS-defining diseases and deaths of drug addicts.
- Lymphocyte reactivity and abundance was depressed by the absolute number of injections of drugs not only in 111 HIV-positive, but also in 210 HIV-free drug users from Holland (310).
- The same lymphadenopathy, weight loss, fever, night sweats, diarrhea and mouth infections were observed in 49 out of 82 HIV-free, and in 89 out of 136 HIV-positive, long-term intravenous drug users in New York (311).
- Among intravenous drug users in France, lymphadenopathy was observed in 41 and an over 10% weight loss in 15 out of 69 HIV-positives. The numbers were 12 and 8, respectively, out of 44 HIV-negatives (245). The French group had used drugs for an average of 5 years, but the HIV-positives had injected drugs about 50% longer than the negatives.
- Among 97 intravenous drug users in New York with active tuberculosis, 88 were HIV-positive and 9 were HIV-negative; and among 6 "crack" (cocaine) smokers with tuberculosis, 3 were HIV-negative (312).
- Among heroin addicts from New York, having injected an average of 5.7 years, natural killer cell activity was reduced 2-fold and T4/T8-cell ratios from 2 to 1.5 (90).
- A survey of the causes of death of 412 intravenous drug users from New Jersey, revealed many HIV-free cases, including at least 48 pneumonias, 35 tuberculoses, and 6 encephalopathies (41).
- Similar neurological deficiencies were observed among 12 HIV-infected and 16 uninfected infants of drug-addicted mothers (Thomas Koch, UC San Francisco, personal communication) (313). However, babies with and without HIV, but from HIV-positive mothers, had lower psychomotor indices than babies from HIV-free mothers. The probable reason is that HIV is again a marker for the cumulative dose of intravenous drugs consumed by the mother (26).
- The psychomotor indices of infants "exposed to substance abuse in utero" were "significantly" lower than those of controls, "independent of HIV status." Their mothers were all drug users but differed with regard to drug use during pregnancy. The mean indices of 70 children exposed to drugs during pregnancy were 99 and those of 25 controls were 109. Thus maternal drug use during pregnancy impairs children independent of HIV (314).
The same study also reports a "significant difference" based on the HIV status of these children. The mean score of 12 HIV-positives was 88 and that of 75 negatives was 102. As is typical for the AIDS establishment, HIV-positive babies of non-drug using mothers were grouped with those from drug-using mothers (see 7.). But although the study did not break down the scores of the HIV-positive infants based on "exposure to substance abuse in utero", it documented that 4 of the 12 HIV-infected infants were "above average," i.e. 100-114 and that 4 of the 12 mothers did not inject drugs during pregnancy!
- Ten HIV-free infants born to intravenous drug-addicted mothers had the following AIDS-defining diseases "failure to thrive, persistent generalized lymphadenopathy, persistent oral candidiasis, and developmental delay..." (315).
- One HIV-positive and 18 HIV-free infants born to intravenous drug-addicted mothers had only half as many leukocytes at birth than normal controls. At 12 months after birth, the capacity of their lymphocytes to proliferate was 50- 70% lower than that of lymphocytes from normal controls (316).
Each of these non-correlations between HIV and AIDS is predicted by the hypothesis that recreational drugs and other non-contagious risk factors cause AIDS.
Anonymous: "Thirdly many AIDS patients have never used any recreational drugs at all"
So none of them in developed countries have taken recreational drugs and/or anti-HIV drugs? There is always some other non-HIV factor involved.
For further exposition of your dogma you are referred to
from which the above extract was taken.
Anonymous: "It is not legal or ethical to test a drug or any therapy "until all patients are dead". If the population that is getting drug (or not getting drug) is found to have a significantly better outcome than the other population, it is not ethical or legal to keep watching the others get sick or die without giving them the option of switching therapies."
Of course, but there is no good reason why such a study cannot be started, given those provisions and the choice of those not on the anti-HIV drugs to be treated just for their condition when they get ill, without being given anti-HIV drugs on top. Because of the prior compulsion of the AIDS establishment to put as many asymptomatics as possible on combos I would be surprised if there were a sufficient number of cases in the US medical records which meet the criteria for the drug free group so that the study could be done retrospectively, but Brader assures us that there is and that the data is supportive of the AIDS establishment, so why has the the retrospective study not been done and the comparative data published for all to see?
This is my last ever post here. I leave all you AIDS fundamentalists to your intolerance stoking devices.